Our ideas are how we impact the world. Ideas create progress.
But it's not easy to express ideas. Stating facts is not how you get people to listen.
Do you have ideas but can't get them out on paper? Do you feel that you have a great idea but the writing doesn't match what's in your head?
The key to impactful writing is emotion and narrative.
Through Concept Crafting, I will help you:
- Craft a Narrative - an emotional arc that resonates with readers
- Clarify your Idea - Distill your idea into an easy to remember and understandable message.
How it works (Two Options):
- I'll send a form with five questions.
- From your answers, I'll identify the central idea or lesson. I'll structure the essay and identify what's missing.
- We'll have a discussion where I'll ask questions to get the details of your idea or lesson. The back and forth will allow for greater depth.
- We'll identify which personal stories will bring the most impact.
In both cases, I will outline the essay, developing a narrative to best illustrate the lesson by choosing and framing the personal stories that support your idea. You write the essay, using your own voice. I will give some final suggestions on the draft and then you publish!
Who am I?
- I've given feedback on over 600 essays as an Editor in Write of Passage.
- I've given feedback over three cohorts of Newsletter Launchpad.
- I've written over 100 essays and 100 newsletters. I've struggled with thinking my ideas sound stupid, unrelatable stories and metaphors, and a hundred other reasons not to publish. I've overcome these obstacles and I can help you do so as well.
Who are you?
- You're frustrated because the words on the page don't match the thoughts in your head.
- You have a lot of ideas but have trouble getting your friends to understand.